Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Choked and Separated

That title comes from a Hot Water Music song appropriately called Choked and Separated. The reason I use this is because I sit here on a day off and all I can think about how many people seem to be separated from what reality is. For instance, I am watching World's Strictest Parents on CMT and the show is having these kids from Cali (the OC baby) go to some rural place in Tennessee. I find it so interesting that these are kids that are something like 16 or so and they are already consumed by the outlets of alcohol sex and parties. Hell, wait until your at least 18, I suppose...

This is all beside the point...There was something that struck me as "odd." The kid form Cali asked the people if they had ever been to California (in an appropriate Arnold voice.) All responded with a resounding "No." The boy from California acknowledged their answer with a smug and pretentious look, which is bothersome to me...There are certain places in this country that separate themselves from all others, notably, as many political cartoonists make humor of, New York City, SoCal, the deep south, etc. I believe though I would be wrong though if this was it. That seems to be the tendencies on a macro scale, but if we go further down and see at the micro scale how much people separate themselves form the world, either intentionally or accidentally, we all get choked and we all get separated. Its life.

But...what makes us beat this choke and separation...what makes us drive away from removing ourselves from reality...always have an open mind to new experiences. Don't compromise yourself, but allow yourself to see through the eyes of others...as you can...because if you don't then all you do is end up segregated and mistakenly ignorant.

good luck, God bless and have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment